May 23 2023
Recruiting Participants with Narcolepsy for Research in Montreal
h in Clinical Trial
PATHOPHYSIOLOGY OF NARCOLEPSY AND IDIOPATHIC HYPERSOMNIA: A MULTIMODAL NEUROIMAGING STUDY
CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS
Dr. Thanh Dang-Vu, MD. Ph.D’s Sleep, Cognition, and Neuroimaging laboratory is looking for individuals with narcolepsy to participate in a study researching the causes and brain effects of narcolepsy.
Course of the study: Over the course of 2 nights, including daytime naps, information on sleep and cognition will be collected via neuroimaging and cognitive assessments.
To participate in this study, you must:
- Have a diagnosis of narcolepsy (Type 1 or 2) ● Be aged between 18 and 64 ● Have no other sleep disorder
- Have no major psychiatric or neurological disorders
- Not be pregnant or breastfeeding
- Be willing to discontinue some medications (e.g., 48h for stimulants)
- Be eligible for an MRI scan (no pacemaker or metallic prosthesis)
Total compensation: 200 $ per participant, with up to $1,000 reimbursable for travel expenses
Assessments will take place at Centre de recherche de l’IUGM du CIUSSS du Centre-Sud-de-l’Île-de-Montréal located at 4545, Queen-Mary Rd, H3W 1W4, Free parking.
For more information, contact us at: (514) 340 3540 ext. 3782 or by email at email@example.com