Wake Up Narcolepsy is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization dedicated to supporting Narcolepsy awareness and research to find a cure. WUN carries out its mission by:
- Providing funding to accelerate a cure for Narcolepsy
- Increasing awareness of Narcolepsy
- Decreasing time-lapse from symptom onset to proper diagnosis
- Providing supportive resources for people with Narcolepsy and their families
– Kevin Cosgrove, Co-founder of WUN
Upon recognizing the great need to raise awareness and research funds for Narcolepsy, Kevin Cosgrove teamed up with Monica and David Gow to establish Wake Up Narcolepsy, Inc. in 2008. Wake Up Narcolepsy has quickly become a national leader for Narcolepsy research and awareness, as it is dedicated to funding research into the causes, prevention, treatments and a cure for Narcolepsy while increasing awareness amongst the public. Every year, Wake Up Narcolepsy hosts various awareness-driven events and makes substantial contributions to cutting-edge Narcolepsy research.